Risk Management Plan For Club Sailing Activities
This Risk Management Plan addresses the issues of health and safety and demonstrates an understanding of the duty of care to all workers, contractors, participants and the general public in respect to club organized sailing activities.
The Risk Management Plan can be read in full using the following link;
Event postponement and amendment.
In the interest of competitor safety Port Douglas Yacht Club sailing activities shall be postponed or amended in the event a strong wind warning (26 – 33 knots) or greater is current for Cairns Coastl.
The rules for the postponement of sailing events applies to all PDYC organized sailing events on the club sailing calendar including Wednesday sunset sailing (WAGS) but excluding the Clipper Cup Regatta which shall be under the control of the Clipper Cup Race Officer.
1. In the event a strong wind warning or greater is current for any period that a club organised sailing event is scheduled then;
If a race that race shall be postponed.
If WAGS the course shall be restricted to Dickson Inlet and Packers Creek only.
2. Any postponed race is automatically rescheduled for the same start time on the next Saturday.
3. Where there is an existing race on the next Saturday the postponed race will be run on the same day with a 10:00 start.
4. Where the postponed race clashes with the time limits of an existing race the postponed race will be set for the next available Saturday and
postponed races will be continually rescheduled until completed wherever possible.
5. Postponed events may be rescheduled to a day other than a Saturday if a majority of competitors entered in the affected series agree.
The safety requirements of Yachting Australia Special Regulations Part 1, Category 6 applies to all PDYC sailing events unless stated otherwise in the Notice of Race.